Tuesday, February 14, 2012

fishy fishes!

Beta fish.
The pretty tail fish to me. So I’ve been pondering the idea of pets for a while. I’ve had fish before but it was a large aquarium tank with three super adorable gold fish and a tiny coy.
I felt like I was ready so I asked for one in today’s secret valentine gift exchange. And low and beheld I got one! Thanks to Ms. Libby Richter. So I present to you, Samuel and three fun facts about betas that I did not know and learned today.

1.       The males raise the children and build bubble nests in their tanks when they are happy.
2.       Beta fish are one of the only fish in existence known to breathe air. They have something called a labyrinth organ which allows them to breathe in air or else they drown.
3.       Betas are some of the longest living fish with a lifespan of up to 9 years in good conditions.
Yay!... I’m gonna love my little beta! He seems extra happy in his lil home, gonna go get some colorful rocks soon to help him make his little habitat happier. J

No comments:

Post a Comment