Tuesday, January 31, 2012

yes, I probably think this song IS about me.

Vanity. Look, I’m the first to admit I have multiple mirror shots on my facebook, yea it’s that bad, but you know what I don’t care. Mirrors are my friends, they prevent me from looking like a jack ass to the rest of the world. Imagine a world without mirrors, I can’t and that’s why I wondered when did people start t o realize that they could totally check themselves out.
“The first mirrors used by people were most likely pools of dark, still water, or water collected in a primitive vessel of some sort. The earliest manufactured mirrors were pieces of polished stone such as obsidian, a naturally occurring volcanic glass. Examples of obsidian mirrors found in Anatolia (modern-day Turkey) have been dated to around 6000 BC. Polished stone mirrors from Central and South America date from around 2000 BC onwards. “  I like that even though some people were like omg I can see myself in this, none of them thought to make an awesome better version of it.
Mirrors of polished copper were crafted in Mesopotamia from 4000 BC and in ancient Egypt from around 3000 BC in China, bronze mirrors were manufactured from around 2000 BC, some of the earliest bronze and copper examples being produced by the Qijia culture.”  Most of these metal one though were only used by the super wealthy although I think if you were gonna use anything you should totally just use still water, cheaper and more efficient
Mirrors like we know them today can be credited to awesome glass makers in Venice around the renaissance who coaled glass with tin or mercury.  
So there you have it, vain folks and crafty Italians… either way we all very very thankful.
wanna know more: mirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment