Friday, January 27, 2012

blame these for the "does my butt look fat?" question.

Jeans, oh how I love you, staple of my wardrobe. Every girl everywhere who owns a pair of jeans owns at least one pair that just makes her feel like the fucking hottest goddess to ever walk the earth, that’s just how a good pair makes you feel and nothing could ever replace this confidence. That’s how I feel in my cheap forever 21 jeans, I don’t care if they were 12 dollars, they fit me like a glove and I l-o-v-e them for it. So jeans, what’s up with them, did levi really make the first ones?
“The word "jeans" comes from the French phrase bleu de Gênes, literally the blue of Genoa. Jeans fabric, or denim, originated in the French town of Nimes, from which 'denim' (de Nîmes) gets its name.” so pretty much we totally just butchered the delicious french language…haha now I have to say jeaaaans with like a country twang, instead of a sexy geeeenssss like some frenchy mc french.
Levi Strauss started selling “jeans” in 1850s California as worker pants. Originally they were worn super loose by cowboys and workers and were sold as bib-less overalls. Early jeans had the zipper in the front for the gentlemen and on the right side for the ladies… classy. Also did you know James Dean is credited with making jeans popular for teens in the early 50s, his rebel without a cause movie sparked the trend.
So there you have it, mispronounced French and trendy cowboys, thanks for the awesome fashion sense!
Wanna know more: jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment