Sunday, January 29, 2012

I always want s'more!

S’mores super traditional campfire treats, and although I’ve never been camping, I’ve been to plenty of lovely bonfires where the s’mores are always the highlight of the evening.
So where did they come from and who was clever enough to place all these yummy items together?
Well it turns out that the first recorded recipe for them can be credited to, wait for it, the girl scouts, crafty lil ladies!! I knew your delicious cookies must have had an equally delicious predecessor. In 1927 in the Girl Scout guide book called "Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts" included the recipe for smores which was written by Loretta Scott Crew. Some people think that she was trying to create a variation on the very popular moon pie which originated in 1917 in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
I love me some moon pies and s’mores. There you have it hungry little girls and the most delicious treat you could ever make in two minutes.
wanna know more: s'more

No comments:

Post a Comment