Sunday, March 18, 2012

nuggets of love for your belly.

Chicken nuggets
Chicken nuggets were the only thing I actually ate at school during lunch time. Seriously I would not eat at school probably until the 7th or 8th grade. It was always super gross to me except for the chicken nuggets and some turkey and rice thing. So the older I got the more my nugget fascination became obsession. Which fast food chain had the best ones and could I make my own fresh ones, and in a world that has slowly migrated to “chicken fingers” which are awesome as well, I at heart am still a nugget girl. So where did it come from?
“The chicken nugget was invented in the 1950s by Robert C. Baker, a food science professor at Cornell University, and published as unpatented academic work. Dr. Baker's innovations made it possible to form chicken nuggets in any shape using a meat slurry, (yea meat slurry doesn’t sound very appealing but I don’t care I love me some nuggets.) McDonald's recipe for Chicken McNuggets was created on commission from McDonald's by Tyson Foods in 1979 and the product was sold beginning in 1980.”
So there you have it a 50’s classic that took 30 years to become awesome. Great now I want some nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment