Saturday, March 10, 2012

balls......talkin 'bout sports balls.

Soccer balls
I really don’t like sports, yea I said it. I’ll go to a baseball game to cheer and eat ice cream and hot dogs and hang out, but technically I don’t follow it and if I ever did it was to seem super awesome to old boyfriends….lol, well not that that’s off my chest. I can move on to soccer balls, I did always wonder why there were two toned, like why so fancy soccer ball, you’re only gonna get kicked around anyway. So today’s fact is kinda random, but fun.
“Soccer balls were originally painted with the now classic black and white checkered look in order to make them more visible on black and white TV during the 1970 FIFA World Cup.  Naturally, people wanted to buy balls that looked like those that the professionals used on TV and thus everybody bought the black and white checkered soccer ball instead of the previous traditional solid color ball.”
and there you have it, tv makes sports history.

No comments:

Post a Comment